Fourteen private sector representatives (PSRs) to the Caraga Regional Development Council (RDC) were elected during the Caraga RDC-PSRs Selection Convention on 10 August 2022 at the NEDA Caraga Regional Office Building, Butuan City.
The newly selected PSRs for the term 2022-2025, who will be confirmed during the Caraga RDC reorganizational meeting on 24 August 2022, are as follows:
- Agriculture Sector – Dr. Rex T. Linao, Foundation for the Development of Agusanons, Incorporated (FDAI)
- Fisheries Sector – Mr. Ronald M. Lisayan, Friendship Goals Society, Incorporated
- Mineral Sector – Mr. Jessie N. Pagaran, Chamber of Mines Caraga Region, Incorporated
- Forestry Sector – Ms. Charmaine D. Baconga, Balay Mindanaw
- Ecotourism Sector – Mr. Robert Douglas O. Andaya, Balik Cultura
- Basic Sector – Mr. Feliciano L. Radana, People Power Volunteers for Reform
- Health Sector – Ms. Lilia B. Augis, Caraga Barangay Health Workers Federation, Incorporated
- Labor Sector – Mr. Rosauro O. Pepito, Associated Labor Unions-Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
- Indigenous Peoples Sector – Datu Samuel B. Behing, Wawa Sectoral Tribal Council
- Education Sector – Dr. Pazfegurita M. Ojeda, Love Always Means Benignity
- Business Sector – Ms. Julie P. Senense, Tandag Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Incorporated
- Logistics Sector – Ms. Cristina Hemady R. Arcillas, Butuan City Chamber of Commerce and Industry Foundation, Incorporated
- Environment Sector – Dr. Rodrigo B. Mallonga, Philippine Institute of Environmental Planners – Caraga Chapter
- Development Administration Sector – Mr. Victor Emmanuel A. Ozarraga, Gawad Kalinga Community Development Foundation, Incorporated
The RDC is the highest policy-making body in the regions, which sets and coordinates the economic and social development directions. It serves as a forum where local development efforts can be integrated with national development activities. Under Executive Order 325, Series of 1996, the PSRs shall comprise one-fourth or 25 percent of the fully-constituted Council. The selected PSRs shall serve for the period 2022-2025 or three years coinciding with the regular term of local elective officials. The PSRs are key partners of the RDC in pushing for the development concerns and priorities of their respective sectors and recommending the appropriate policies, programs, and projects to ensure the attainment of the Region’s priority thrusts and directions.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?