The National Economic and Development Authority is an independent economic development and planning agency. The NEDA Regional Office specifically:
- Serves as the technical staff of the Regional Development Council (RDC) in the region;
- Provides staff assistance to RDC in the coordination of plan formulation and implementation at the regional level;
- Provides staff assistance to implementing agencies in the region in identifying and developing programs and projects;
- Evaluates and reviews proposed regional programs and projects for consideration by the RDC;
- Monitors and assesses project implementation in the region; and
- Coordinates with regional offices of other departments and agencies and with the local government units in the region in the performance of their assigned tasks.